It’s my last full week of classes? What? When did this happen? Then I have whole month off before going back to school for an eight week program before I graduate? Ahhhhhh! The quarter-life crisis is hitting me hard. Time to hide under my bed and eat these pancake rings until I magically emerge one day with a job and all of my sh*t together.
Speaking of having my sh*t together, I have another laundry adventure story for you guys and I feel like I’m going to get judgement so you have my permission–go ahead and judge away. In the long history of Rebecca procrastination I decided to seriously procrastinate on my laundry. Hey it was pouring rain last night and I didn’t want to haul my clothes from building to building and get totally soaked. In my defense :p. Anyway so there were consequences to my laziness. Today I wore the most ratchet outfit ever and I wore it in public. Fashion gods have mercy.
Want to know what I was wearing? I don’t have a picture it’s too embarrassing. Here goes. I was wearing a tank top that I got in middle school topped off by one of Josh’s sweaters (which I’m pretty sure he also got in middle school) and to complete the look a pair of Josh’s sweatpants and a beat up pair of purple Converse. Did I mention that my socks didn’t match either? What is my life? XD. My professors definitely know I’m a senior now if they didn’t know before…or they think I’m homeless. One of the two.
Moving right along…I know these look like regular old pancakes with a hole cut out in the middle because I felt like trolling, but they’re not. There is a legit apple ring inside. Don’t believe me? I have pictures of the rings lower down. So there. But for now you can bask in the glory of my beautiful, beat up frying pan.
Guys this recipe is essentially foolproof. If you can make pancakes in any capacity (short of putting them in the toaster oven), you can make these pancake rings. Plus they’re way better for you than normal pancakes so you can eat more of them. This is a legitimate logical step. Do not question me. Eat the pancake rings and forget about all life crises.
*Never fear I did my laundry about an hour ago (this is for you, Mom).
Apple Pancake Rings
For the pancake batter:
You can pretty much use any old recipe or even a mix if you’re feeling lazy, but here’s the recipe I used:
-1 1/2 c flour
-4 Tbsp butter melted
– 1 egg
– 1 Tbsp baking powder
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp honey
-1 1/4 c milk (any kind will do)
-pinch of salt
For the apples:
-3 medium apples, most varieties should work fine. I used Gala apples.
1. Core 3 medium apples and then cut them into rings. Set the apples aside while you make the batter.
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Add in the melted butter, honey, and the egg.
4. Pour in the milk and mix until you have a cohesive batter. Don’t worry about getting all the lumps out.
5. Dip each apple ring into the batter and coat completely.
6. Cook the apple rings in a hot, buttered skillet. C’mon guys do I really need to tell you how to make pancakes?
7. The rings will be done when both sides are golden brown and there is no more visible wet batter.
8. Enjoy with more honey or maple syrup. To be honest though I eat these plain. They’re plenty sweet as they are.